Wednesday 31 March 2010

Bright Light.

Not a lot has been happening today really. I had the wonderful Tony pay me a visit in the potting shed this afternoon as I was pricking out seedlings, his visits don’t hold the same appeal as Nicole’s did and I just feel depressed afterwards when I think about it. I know there is no reason to be as I now have more time with her than ever but it just makes me sad to think of the plans we had for the garden and stuff and now they will never happen.

Today Nicole took mum to York for a girls day out as she calls it. I guess this sounds stupid and petty as well when I say I felt real envy at mum having the day out with Nicole. Well there is one good thing, they’re getting on like a house on fire now, you’d think they were best mates.

Nicole stayed for dinner with us so we spent some time together afterwards. We went up the shed and looked at what lambs are left in there as she loves to see the lambs.
She has become a permanent fixture at dinner times now, everyone is quite subdued on the days when she isn’t there. She even has her own place between me and dad and no one sits there if she isn’t here. Even Tyrone comes out of his shell when Nicole is eating with us. Tyrone is my sister’s boy friend, things are back to normal between them now and all that other stuff from a few weeks ago is forgotten about. I thought it was quite amusing a few nights back when we were all there having dinner, we’re all talking in our northern accents to varying degrees and then you have Nicole with her refined upper class accent. It’s funny as well because dad is there trying to teach her to speak like us and she is trying to teach him to speak properly like her. It’s all done in good fun and like I say dinner times are a ball now and take forever to get through with all the talking and stuff. She is such a bright light, I am so proud of her, I am very lucky. Our only argument so far apart from the back seat of the car incident is who is the luckiest me for having her or her for having me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
free font said...

hi there ^^! how are you?
keep up the good work!