Wednesday 13 October 2010

Something To Think About.

This morning I got a call from the housekeeper asking me to take in some veg for the shoot dinner on Friday. I receive all such instructions through the housekeeper now so it was no surprise when I got there with the veg to be told by her to fill the log boxes as they would be having fires now that the weather is turning colder.

Down the wood cellar.


I think the gentleman is here at the moment although I haven’t seen him but you can sort of tell when he is here just by the way the cars come and go and little things like that. One of my daily tasks is to go and check on the sheep across the road. They have a flock of rare breed sheep so to save the farmer coming out to look I keep and eye on them and if there is problem I report it to the manager who then sorts it out. Anyway this morning I was just wandering up the drive to the road when Katie pulled up in the dowager gentleman’s car. She put down the window and said straight out before I got chance to do anything more than smile good morning to her, ‘How was the pie’? I thanked her and said it was very good and that she is a good cook. She then said that I needed to change my lunch break and being curious asked why.
‘Well I have to have mine from 12 till 1 same time as the family so if you had the same time you could come share more pie with me’.
This came out of the blue and left me a bit speechless. I must say that I am getting to enjoy her company more and more but I thought that changing my lunch break so I could spend it with her was getting a bit close to the same road I took with Nicole.
‘What’s the matter, don’t you like the idea’? she asked.
I said that I liked the idea of having company for lunch as my job is very lacking in that department but I was thinking about how bad it would be to go back to having lunch by myself in the potting shed after she got fed up of me dropping crumbs all over her flat. She was surprised that I would give up an invitation just because I was afraid of what might or might not happen in the future. She couldn’t hang around any longer so just left the invitation open, if I want to take my lunch with her I was welcome, I just had to be around her place at 12. I have to confess to getting to be more and more interested in the idea, today though I stuck with my usual routine but having considered it all afternoon I think I may give it a go tomorrow so watch this space.

Veg for the shoot.


No comments: